This is the adventure of a guy named Ryan who is pedaling his bike from La Esperanza Honduras to Boulder Colorado. Help support the ride by sending 10 monthly installments of positive vibes, keep this Duzer going! Check my progress on the interactive maps, click on the links below. !!New!!! Buy the official super cool T-Shirt and support my kids in Honduras. Click on the T-shirt link below to see the design and order your very own Duzer shirt.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What a Wonderful World

I've been off the bike now for 2 weeks and my legs are happy. No more battling the wind, waking up to freezing temperatures or eating bananas all day long. I am home and happy. The ride was an amazing dream come true and I've been reliving every moment as I rest in my cozy house with mom and brothers. It was a total success, I got to reconnect with my buddy Jeff, explore parts of the world I'd never seen before and sleep under the sparkly sky in all sorts of different landscapes. This was two years in the making, it started as a crazy idea, then became an obsession as I planned, researched and mapped out the adventure. I would lose sleep in my little Honduras house as I dreamed of what would happen and who I would meet. I planned for the worst but only experienced the best (besides hurricanes and wind). The highlight of the trip was meeting all the wonderful people along the way who helped in times of need and warmed my heart. Countless strangers brought me into their homes, fed my hungry tummy and filled my soul with hope. This world is a great place and peddling from La Esperanza to Boulder reinforced my belief that there are kind and caring people all over. I'm getting settled now and hoping to find direction to my life. The past three months the only direction I knew was North, now I'm ready to take on another direction and explore my passions. If any of your know of good jobs let me know, I need to start making money to pay off my food bill from Mexico. The "What Does Duzer Do?"T-shirts are still for sale, email me at crazyduzer@gmail.com to order one. All of the proceeds go to buying school supplies for the kids in my barrio in La Esperanza. Thanks to all of you for supporting me along the way, I felt your love and positive thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bike messenger in NYC. No question.

8:14 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Blogger Erin said...

ok, I think I have a crush on you.

4:10 PM, June 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home