This is the adventure of a guy named Ryan who is pedaling his bike from La Esperanza Honduras to Boulder Colorado. Help support the ride by sending 10 monthly installments of positive vibes, keep this Duzer going! Check my progress on the interactive maps, click on the links below. !!New!!! Buy the official super cool T-Shirt and support my kids in Honduras. Click on the T-shirt link below to see the design and order your very own Duzer shirt.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Why is the Desert Cold?

Howdy folks, Ryan here in a small pueblo in Northern N.M. Well, the weather outside is frightfull but the fire inside me to get home is on overdrive and this keeps me warm. My motivation to reach Boulder is stronger than ever, get me out of the cold, I am not a Polar Bear! I went outside to get my water bottle this morning and it was frozen solid. It's ok though because gas station hot chocolate is keeping me warm, thank the lord for Chevron stations along the interstate. After staying with Nikoli and Nina in Albuquerque (I finally learned how to spell it) , Jeff and I headed to a charming little pueblo south of Santa Fe called Galisteo. It just happens to be where my buddy Morgan's dad lives so we stayed with him for a night. He filled our bellies with green chili enchiladas and let us put lots of extra logs on the fire. Cheers to great people!!! No wonder why Morgan is so cool, cool daddy=cool son. His wife Anette and son Alec were very good to us and Alec even let me sleep in his great bed while he slept on the couch. What an amazing twelve year old. So now we are in Las Vegas staying with another friend of a connection of a cousin of an estranged monkey, it's a long story but we are happy and in good company. We'll be riding into Boulder next Saturday the 17th, get ready for a cookies and milk reception at my house, details to come later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryan, keep pedaling! i'm from new mexico, do you feel the chrissy vibe? see you next week

10:37 AM, December 10, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan & Jeff-

You guys are my heroes!!!! This is Boyer. What's your schedule for the rest of the ride? Milk & cookies. YUM!

9:27 AM, December 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home