This is the adventure of a guy named Ryan who is pedaling his bike from La Esperanza Honduras to Boulder Colorado. Help support the ride by sending 10 monthly installments of positive vibes, keep this Duzer going! Check my progress on the interactive maps, click on the links below. !!New!!! Buy the official super cool T-Shirt and support my kids in Honduras. Click on the T-shirt link below to see the design and order your very own Duzer shirt.

Friday, December 16, 2005

We Did it!

We Did it! Originally uploaded by duzercruzer.

Jeff and I finally made it home to our mother's arms. It was an emotional moment as our tired eyes got their first glimpse of the beautiful Flatirons. We had been dreaming of this moment for a long time. The last 20 miles from Golden to Boulder were easy, I don't think that our tires even touched the ground, we were flying high. We were fortunate enough to have some company on the ride, my brother Ethan and my favorite high school teacher, Mr. Boyer came and met us in Golden to brave the cold and warm our souls. We were greeted on the south end of Boulder by lots of friends and even Santa Claus. We've been good boys this year. I'd like to thank everyone who supported me over the past two years and especially those who supported the long ride home. It started as a crazy idea but ended up being the adventure of a lifetime. I'm finally home, Peace Corps is done, now it's time to rest my sore legs and eat some cookies. Call me at ---/---- if you want to talk about bikes, refried beans, international development, cold bucket baths or about my new love for Krispy Kreme donuts. Hooray for bikes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Congratulations! Morgan and I were both regretting being in NY when you rode into Boulder. Can't wait to see you.

4:34 PM, December 19, 2005

 
Blogger Jacq said...

Congratulations! I emailed you because I couldn't see the end of your journey earlier today. I'm glad it all went well.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us all.

9:09 PM, December 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home