This is the adventure of a guy named Ryan who is pedaling his bike from La Esperanza Honduras to Boulder Colorado. Help support the ride by sending 10 monthly installments of positive vibes, keep this Duzer going! Check my progress on the interactive maps, click on the links below. !!New!!! Buy the official super cool T-Shirt and support my kids in Honduras. Click on the T-shirt link below to see the design and order your very own Duzer shirt.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Over the Hills and Through the Mountans

Life is good up here at the same altitude as Boulder. Jeff and I turned inland from the coast last week and have been powering up and down hills into the heart of Mexico. The beaches are beautiful and fun but I must admit that I like the interior better. It seems to be more "real" out here. There are no tourists waddling down sidewalks peering into silly shops selling crap like in the beach towns. We are getting a taste of what the average mexican city looks like and it looks pretty good. The only problem I have with the mountains are that they are cold. We froze our Spandex off when we camped out in Patzcuaro, it got down to 43F. I wore every shirt I had, two pairs of socks and cuddled up to my wimpy pack towel in a desperate attempt to stay warm. I may have complained when I was sweating buckets in my tent on the coast but I would rather have the heat anyday over the cold. I'd better get used to it though, we are heading into winter afterall.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I just read through El Sueco to Over the Hills and Through the Mountains- pretty incredible. I can't believe you guys are doing it by bike, and can't imagine the things you see along the way. I'm very jealous. As you're out there, I'm sitting in an office in Phoenix, staring at a screen for 8 hours/day...

Good luck the rest of the way!

5:14 PM, December 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home